Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

HOME PROJECT: Jazzing Up IKEA Vittsjo Shelving Unit

Hey there!  Hope you all enjoyed the weekend.  I wanted to share with you a little project I completed   (but still working on decorating).

A few weeks ago, we hit our local IKEA store in Jersey to pick up a few things.  One of the items in particular, was the Vittsjo Shelving unit.  I've seen folks come up with their own unique version (using two units) and decided to try my hand as well (using one).

I wasn't sure what color to spray this unit (currently comes in red, black and white).  Most people have sprayed it gold (all the rage right now) but I wanted a color in between gold and silver (so I did both).  While I'm not 100% satisfied with the look (it's just me), I'll share with you my first draft (lol).  I think I may want to try silver-leafing an area to see if it I'm happy.

I love the overall look; especially with the added marble-look contact paper.  It gives this piece a more expensive etagere look that I was seeking.  And, you can't beat the price of $49.00!

This unit serves as a multi-functional piece, as it stands next to our back door.  It's a nice decorative unit, with my favorite home accessories and books.  It also stores Monty's accessories (leashes, harness, wipes, poop bags, etc.).

Here is the Vittsjo Shelving unit (purchased from IKEA in white):

IKEA Vittsjo Shelving unit
Here are some pictures after:


IKEA SALONG Vase; Z Gallerie Scoppio Sphere (silver); Books:  Kelly Hoppen, How to Achieve the Home of Your Dream (Barnes and Noble); Simplicity by Nancy Braithwaite (Barnes and Noble)

Aria Taupe Vase (to die for).  Currently sold out in the taupe color (seen above) but more colors found here.  Chanel Set of 3 Books (Fashion, Jewelry, Perfume) - Barnes and Noble










Con-Tact Creative Covering - White Marble (single roll).
It has a green marble pattern to it with gray and white.  I lined the bottom and inner top shelves.

If you are looking for a white and gray pattern only, I found one online at designyourwall.com - Marble Marmi Grey Contact paper

Baskets in a pretty silver and sage color.  Sage and Silver Kiva Bins (The Container Store) on sale
Spray paint: Krylon's 18K gold spray paint (Jo Ann's) and Rust-Oleum Metallic Satin Nickel (Home Depot).

I hope I've inspired you to create your own look.

xo,



No comments:

Post a Comment