Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

SCALLOPED EDGE BALLET FLATS

For the past couple of years, I have wanted to own a pair of scalloped edge ballet flats.  I love the look!  Ever since I set my eyes on the Chloe design (sigh).  But, it has been hard to spend the Chloe price tag.  There are certain wardrobe items I'll spend money on, if I know they will become classic pieces.  Knowing how I race around NYC everyday; I would cry if I scuffed the fine leather tips.

But, patience has paid off as other designers have come out with similar styles for a fraction of the cost.

Here's the Chloe 'Lauren' Scalloped Ballet Flat:


Retails for $475.  A cute flat, made of italian calf skin.  Looks super soft and comfy.  I love the taupe color (comes in a variety of colors).

If you're on a tight budget or cost conscious, here are some others that are just as nice!

Exclusive to Garnet Hill, Born Twyla Scalloped Ballet flats are a runner up from Chloe's design.  Retailing for $118, these are a favorite of mine, with a slightly wider scallop design.  I recently learned of the brand Born, from my brother, who owns a cool looking pair of shoe boots.  Their shoes are said to be very comfortable.  I love the brown and natural color.  Too bad they don't carry black.


J. Crew's version, Harper scalloped suede flats.  An alternative to leather, this suede flat has a pointy toe.  Retailing for $128 (and better when on sale).




If you're not a big fan of suede, here's a leather version by Loeffler Randall - Milla Scallop Flat.  This version is also a pointy toe and retails for $250.  Comes in buff, cheetah and snake skin print.




Another favorite of mine, from French Sole, is their version, Jigsaw.  Retails for $150.00.  I own several pairs of flats from French Sole and love their shoes.

I'm loving the Coffee Patent and the Cobalt Blue.




They also have a wide selection of colors and finishes:



Do you know of any other designers who carry the scallop ballet flat?  I would love to hear from you!

I'm still debating which color I'll go with but have narrowed it down to Born and French Sole.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment