Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DESIGNER CRUSH: SHEA SOUCIE AND MARTIN HORNER




Nothing excites me more than looking through home magazines.  I pick a quiet time where I can focus on every page and look at all the details in the space. 

Recently, I was looking through my Décor magazine and came across an article showcasing homeowners, Kathy Bentley and Mark Hoffmeister's neo-Georgian brick home in Chicago, IL. (beautiful home).  I'll just add, I recently visited Chicago for the first time and fell in love with the city.  After seeing this home in Décor magazine,  I immediately went online to look up the designers.  Now, let's talk about the designers!

Designers Shea Soucie and Martin Horner are A-MAY-ZING!! (LOL . . . amazing).   I wanted to jump into their website to view the rooms in person.  I love the creamy palette featured in Décor magazine.  It's right up my alley in decorating style.  Soucie and Horner mixed custom pieces with midcentury finds.  The rooms in this house are so sophisticated and serene.  I'll let the pictures below speak for themselves. 

This room reflects calm and soothing colors with a punch of mustard.  LOVE!





Love the grasscloth walls in this master bedroom. It brings so much texture to this serene space.

The white mosaic stone is a sculpture piece in this bathroom. 

If I was a guest in this home and this was my room, I wouldn't want to leave.  Crushing on the Hermes throw (ugh).

I encourage you to take a look at Soucie and Horner's website to see more of their incredible work. They are truly talented and inspiring.  Soucie and Horner, Ltd http://www.souciehorner.com/ (pictures featured from their site).

No comments:

Post a Comment